Friday, December 01, 2006

Non-Vegeterian or Herbi-phobe!!!


I don't know when it actually started. I had never liked plants. Not as food though.

During HSC I had left the plant part(classification and most part of plant physiology) nearly untouched. Still I managed to get A+ !!!

Still I don't like this altruistic (!!!) Eukaryote.

Those who have minimal knowledge of Life science surely know-plants are the organisms who capture sunlight, store them as chemical energy which is later used up by all the living organisms.

I was planning to write this post after reading the book Plant Physiology by Ross and Salisbury, most probably. (You can check whether I am right or not from my last post. It's the same book I'm trying to mention.) I was giving a bird's eye view over the book. Plant physiology has lots of interesting stuffs (like any other science). I came to know about the fact of plant ventilation, I've never imagined plants can be that complex... The true beauty of nature is it keeps you wondering all the time. Still I prefer other organisms over plants as a model organism for my research... They can be Prokaryote, Archaea and all Eukaryote except plants. We all have strange choices, don't we?

Well, then if you ask me, " How would you like to define plant?" That's a tricky question. Am I going to consider all photosynthetic organisms as plants? May be not. It's again mind's call ;)

My first preference is working with eukaryotes, especially multicellular ones. Cell differenciation and signalling, Developmental Biology, Oncology are my hot favourates. When I was in 1st year I wished to work in Immunology. Archaea is another special group that has always fascinated me.

Time will say what will happen.

NB:- Herbi-Phobe= Herb+Phobe (You'll not find this word in any dictionary, I've created myself ;))

Image Courtesy: Mark Harden's Archive

Actual Image link:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/m/mondrian/mondrian_red_tree.jpg

1 comment:

Riaj said...

ha ha ha!!I agree with you and specially for the herbi-phobe matter..But you have done it,anyway!...:P