Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Job of A Teacher

It was in DJ's class and I was bit confused about Physical Map of chromosome. Even though she didn't ask... it came up in my mind and I wanted to use this term. Yet I restrained. I had logics behind my idea. But I knew she wouldn't accept unless I'm right. Of course she is right in saying that I'm wrong. But not before hearing my explanations.

What's the job of a teacher? Is it just going to the class and deliver a pre-written speech like our President? I don't think so. Teaching is an interacting profession where your students are more important than you yourself. The most important part of teaching is developing your student's the quality of being critical to something, some ideas, concepts and developments. It's not like you go to your students, ask a question and reply, "Oh .... You are at the same place as yesterday."

I hate this rubbish educational system.

Image Courtesy: www.nature.com

1 comment:

Riaj said...

Agreed to the full extent!