Friday, June 26, 2009

Nature, Science and Michael...

It has been a long day :p Slept a lot, the only productive part of it was going through the current issues of Nature (Volume 459 Number 7250 pp1033-1160) and Science (Volume 324 Number 5935 pp1603-1754).

If you're reading Nature or Science, definitely you're going to find something interesting, no matter what is your taste or interest. Anyway, to me, current issues of both of the journal lacked the usual glamour, generally I cant pick my clear favourate. One article in Science really caught my attention, the group assayed DNA-Protein interaction of ~100 mice Transcription Factor (TF) DNA Binding Domain (DBD); Vol 324 p 1720. Another paper on formation of functional centromere by synthetic heterochromatin was worth mentioning; Vol 324, p 1716.

Nature was slightly better, there were three articles on science journalsim which I thought worth reading; Vol 459, pp 1054-1057. The research article on membrane fusion (p 1091) and correlation between transcription and DNA replicatio fidelity (p 1150) was quite interesting. But I thought the paper on role of mechanical force generated by the first cardiac pump in embryonic haematopoesis is a masterpiece (p 1131).

Last but not least, I woke up this morning and my brother gave me this bad news: The King of Pop Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest. The news was really a saddening one, but we all have to die at some point of time.

Heal the world... Make it a better place... for you and for me and for the entire human race... RIP Michael.

No comments: